Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's been a while since I have ranted...

So everyone has been talking about how wonderful it is to have a tablet so I started looking into them.  Yes, okay...they are pretty darn cool.  So now I start seriously considering one, unfortunately I cannot seem to find one that fits my specific parameters.
  1. No Windows 8 Yes, I know that Windows 8 was pretty much designed for Tablets but it sucks donkey butt and I really do not want to have to deal with it.
  2. Microsoft Office I use Office for everything I do, so it is a definite requirement. No Office, no deal.
  3. External Keyboard No, I do not mean an attached one like a laptop, I mean either a wireless one or one that connects to it so that when I have an inspiration and want to write something down I can do it easily.
  4. Swappable Batteries A spare battery would be bliss when going on trips where I may not be able to plug in when the battery gets low.
I am really not asking for a whole lot, just something that fits my needs and desires and will make me happy.  Is that too much to ask for?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The next update to Windows 8 is supposed to let people boot directly to the desktop again so it might make you happier. Plus, there are unconfirmed rumors that they might be bring the Start menu back. If those features come to the Surface, that might be the Tablet to make you happy. It could make people content with Windows 8. Microsoft knows it needs to do something.

Maybe...

Aaron Sher said...

There are (semi-cheesy) workarounds for most of those issues:

1. OK
2. Check out CloudOn
3. This is easy, there are lots
4. This is pretty much impossible, but you can get external batteries which you can then swap

Unknown said...

The swappable batteries requirement is a deal breaker for a tablet. Get an USB external battery pack instead.

Pixie Brearley said...

Actually one of Dell's Tablets has a swappable battery (instead of a built in one) but that was the absolute only good feature about that particular one. Actually, if I could combine the 3 Dell Tablets I looked at it would be perfect. LOL