Thursday, June 13, 2013

Divorce, children and making decisions

So, one of the hardest things about divorce and sharing children is deciding where to live.  If you are lucky like me, your ex will be accommodating and you will have an easy working relationship. I know this is not always the case though.  Unfortunately, even if you do have a great working relationship it is not that easy.  Options become very limited in where you can live depending on how often you actually want to see the child. 

If you live in the same city as the child's other parent, you are able to see them more.  Take our arrangement, I have my daughter the first half of the week, my ex has her the second half.  Been this way since she was little.

But then if i were to move further away it could put a serious crimp in my ability to see her as much as I would like.  Depending on where she decided to go to school, I could end up only seeing her on weekends.  If I am too far, it may be less than that. 

Would I be able to live with that?  No, she is my baby and I don't think I could survive not watching her growing up.  So that leaves me with only one choice.

So now I put this question out there.  What would you be willing to do in this situation?  Would you be willing to risk losing your child to live somewhere else or would you stay close to them so you can hold on?

No comments: