Thursday, November 11, 2010

Temper Tantrums

Honestly I never understood the concept of temper tantrums. When I was a kid my stepsister would throw them and I would be embarrassed for her because she looked ridiculous and was acting like a brat.

Right this moment my youngest (turns 7 next month) is cleaning up the mess he made during an extend tantrum. The tantrum started down here when he misbehaved, was put in time out, misbehaved in time out, got a privilege taken away, threw even more of a fit and was sent to his room. From there he proceeded to destroy his bedroom. He is a highly intelligent child, he was told that his punishment was because he was misbehaving but yet he continued. I can not understand what would posses a child to basically continue to make their punishment worse on purpose. It's baffling!

So now he has been left to his room until he cleans up the mess he has made, even if it means spending the rest of the day up there doing it instead of having fun with his family on his day off from school.

No comments: