Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Poem - Saying Goodbye

I sit atop this hill my friend,
Watching the clouds pass me by.
My eyes grow dark from the tears they shed,
For we had not even said goodbye.

Your life was taken so many years ago,
But the pain still sits here inside.
And I cry each day that slowly goes by,
Whispering and wondering why.

I remember the day I heard the news,
It was cold even for a summer’s eve.
My heart refused to believe what I heard,
But the tear came so hard and freely.
© 2005 Carol “Pixie” Brearley

Now my heart won’t mend,
For I can’t seem to let you go.
You were my truest friend,
And now you are gone.

I often find myself upon this hill,
Especially when the days are cold.
I wrap my arms around my knees,
And I sit here and slowly grow old.
© 2005 Carol “Pixie” Brearley

No comments: